Recipe by Cynna
This dish makes for quite a brunch or holiday breakfast. You'll need to prep this the night before baking. A little bit of work goes a loooong way here. Serve with honey and a tall glass of orange juice. Yummy!
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 lb French bread, cut into 24 slices
- cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread softened butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Arrange 12 bread slices, buttered side down, slightly overlapping in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Spread marmalade evenly over bread; top with remaining 12 bread slices, buttered side up.
- Combine milk and next 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle casserole with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.