1/2 Photos of Baked Marinated Tofu
From the Daily Herald. Joe Yonan is a food writer whose recipes I really like. I have not made this one yet, but am willing to bet it is good. Yonan says the freezing creates a much more satisfying texture to the tofu, and it also absorbs more of the marinade. The baked tofu can be eaten right away with veggie sides, or it can be cooled and used in salads, stir-fries or other dishes. Freezing time for the tofu is not included in the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon sake or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 in piece peeled fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili paste
- 1Leave the tofu in its packaging and freeze for at least 24 hours and up to 1 week. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to defrost for one day. Once it has defrosted, remove it from the package and drain, then wrap in it paper towels, hold it over the sink and press with your hands to remove much of the liquid.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- 3Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- 4Press or finely mince the garlic, mix together with all other ingredients in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 5Add the tofu cubes and gently toss to combine with the marinade.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes, turning the tofu three or four times, until the tofu is browned and most of the marinade is absorbed or evaporated.
- 7Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate for up to a week in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Marinated Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 322.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: