There is no alcohol in this version. I was drawn into Williams Sonoma cooking store by the delicious aroma of this pie baking. They were kind enough to share the simple recipe, which I promptly made the minute I got home. Although their brand of Margarita mixer is recommended, I did try this with another brand I purchased at my local grocery and it still came out delicious. This is a rich, citrusy flavored tart. Prep time does not include chilling time once pie has baked.
- Preheat oven to 450 F and have ready a premade graham cracker pie shell (either 9" or slightly larger) or if you prefer, a baked& cooled regular pie pastry.
- Whisk together the margarita mixer, the eggs, and the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until pie is almost set and the top is getting bubbly and edges of filling are just beginning to brown.
- I placed a pie shield over the crust edges to keep them from overbrowning- if you do not have one, you can cover the crust edges with some foil.
- Set pie onto a wire rack to cool to room temperature, then cover and place in fridge until fully cooled, at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped cream.