Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came in the mail on a coupon. It sounds like an interesting Thanksgiving side dish.
Make and share this Baked Maple and Cinnamon Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 medium butternut squash, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line pan with parchment paper.
- Place squash on pan cut side up.
- Combine remaining ingredients and brush half of the mixture on the squash.
- Bake for 45 minute or until tender.
- Brush once more halfway through baking, and again near the end.
My wife are not squash eaters. We tried this recipe on a whim. This will be the third time that I have fixed it. Since I do alot of the cooking it is an easy recipe to follow.
This was absolutely yummy! I made this for part of my Saturday night dinner! I followed the recipe exactly. The only thing is is that it took an hour or so. Thank you so much for this incredible squash recipe! :)
The maple syrup with the cinnamon gives a special flavor to this squash. Try to use real maple syrup - there is a definate difference to the taste I did not use any brown sugar just the syrup. The squash was quite meaty so I covered them with foil for the first 30 minutes then unvovered for a further 30 minutes. Thanks Chef Dee for adding enjoyment to my dinner