1/9 Photos of Baked Manicotti With Meat Sauce
1 hr 45 mins
I think this originally came in Women's Day magazine, back when they had a skinny 6 or 8 page cookbook, in a strip, in the center of the magazine. I started making this as a newly wed, and it is still a family favorite. I usually double the recipe and freeze at least 1/2 of the stuffed noodles, since that is the most time consuming part. Serve with a sald and garlic bread, and a good bottle of red wine !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 16 manicotti, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1Make filling by mixing first 8ingredients and 1 cup parmesan cheese.
- 2Blend thoroughly.
- 3Cook meat with garlic and onions
- 4Sprinkle with salt and drain grease.
- 5Stuff cooked noodles (gently) with filling.
- 6Butter 12x15 baking dish.
- 7Spoon tomato sauce in bottom of dish to cover.
- 8Place stuffed shells in dish to completely fill.
- 9Sprinkle meat over and around shells.
- 10Spoon tomato sauce over shells generously.
- 11Sprinke with 1/2 cup parmesan.
- 12Cover with foil.
- 13Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Manicotti With Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 918.6
- Calories from Fat 592
- Total Fat 65.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 236.0 mg
- Sodium 2448.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 55.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: