1 hr 15 mins
This recipe does not use noodles but crepe-like shells you can make quickly and easily in a skillet. The recipe comes from a good friend (who also happens to be a great cook). The spices for the sauce are a total guess (I was very conservative in my estimate...adjust according to your taste).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- cheddar cheese
- 2Mix all ingredients and simmer while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- 4Beat six of the eggs, flour, and water together.
- 5Pour about 1/2 cup (I'm guessing on the amount -- depends on the size of your skillet -- I use a fairly small one) make small crepes with batter, cooking only one side (you'll know it's done when you can take it out of the pan easily -- like a pancake).
- 7Mix mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, and remaining two eggs.
- 8Fill each "shell" with cheese mixture.
- 9Pour some sauce in pan.
- 10Place shells in pan. Cover with sauce and cheddar cheese.
- 11Cover pan with foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- 12Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.5
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 533.7 mg
- Sodium 1563.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 49.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: