Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted for ZWT!
For the fruit
- 4 lbs ripe mangoes, peeled (about 4-6)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
For the tortillas
- 24 inches flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice mangoes into 1/2-inch slices.
- Pour butter into 9x13-inch dish.
- Add mangoes and sprinkle with brown sugar, tossing to coat.
- Arrange slices in one layer and bake, tossing once halfway through, for 45-50 minutes, or until mangoes are tender and golden and juice is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, stack tortillas and slice in half.
- Toss halves with belted butter until well coated.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with sugar mixture.
- Arrange slices in a single layer.
- Add to oven with mangoes and cook about 12 minutes or until golden and crisp. Let cool.
- To serve, divide mangoes into 8 servings. Top with scoop of ice cream if desired.
- Break tortillas in half and serve along side.