Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I remember the day that my husband, who used to do some diving, went to the coast and proceeded to dive for scallops. He brought them home and I fixed them. Delicious!! One minute they were in the ocean and one and one-half hours later they were on the table. Can't get much fresher than that.
- 453.59 g of maine scallops
- 177.44 ml seasoned bread crumbs (I use Italian)
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 1 minced garlic clove (optional)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Rinse scallops in cold water; shake off excess.
- Coat with the bread crumbs and place scallops in a buttered casserole dish in a single layer.
- Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the butter and garlic in a small saucepan and stir over low heat till butter is melted and garlic is soft.
- Pour over scallops.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or till scallops are cooked through.
My DH says this is a winner! I made last night and followed the recipe except cut back on the butter to 5 Tblsp. instead of the full 1/2 cup. And I also used Panko crumbs, garlic and a splash of white wine as others suggested. I put them under the broiler the last 3 minutes so they came out nicely browned. Also served with rice and the sauce added good flavor to the rice. Thanks Mimi for posting, this is a definite keeper!
Fantastic scallops! I used panko instead of breadcrumbs and loved the results. I used the optional garlic. IMO, garlic is a "must" on seafood! Thanx for posting this easy and yummy scallop recipe. I'll make these again.
I made these as a treat to us last night and all I can say is MORE! They were so good I should have bought 2 lbs! I might try these with panko bread crumbs sometime and see how they turn out. Loved the batter on these though! Excellent dish Mimi! From one New Englander to another, these were GOOT!