Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I remember the day that my husband, who used to do some diving, went to the coast and proceeded to dive for scallops. He brought them home and I fixed them. Delicious!! One minute they were in the ocean and one and one-half hours later they were on the table. Can't get much fresher than that.
Top Review by Debi H
My DH says this is a winner! I made last night and followed the recipe except cut back on the butter to 5 Tblsp. instead of the full 1/2 cup. And I also used Panko crumbs, garlic and a splash of white wine as others suggested. I put them under the broiler the last 3 minutes so they came out nicely browned. Also served with rice and the sauce added good flavor to the rice. Thanks Mimi for posting, this is a definite keeper!
- 1 lb of maine scallops
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I use Italian)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 minced garlic clove (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse scallops in cold water; shake off excess.
- Coat with the bread crumbs and place scallops in a buttered casserole dish in a single layer.
- Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the butter and garlic in a small saucepan and stir over low heat till butter is melted and garlic is soft.
- Pour over scallops.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or till scallops are cooked through.