I remember the day that my husband, who used to do some diving, went to the coast and proceeded to dive for scallops. He brought them home and I fixed them. Delicious!! One minute they were in the ocean and one and one-half hours later they were on the table. Can't get much fresher than that.
- Rinse scallops in cold water; shake off excess.
- Coat with the bread crumbs and place scallops in a buttered casserole dish in a single layer.
- Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the butter and garlic in a small saucepan and stir over low heat till butter is melted and garlic is soft.
- Pour over scallops.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or till scallops are cooked through.