Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
An all time favorite!
- 3 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt & pepper
- 6 -8 ounces Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook macaroni according to package directions (do not overcook).
- In a large bowl, add milk, heavy cream & 1 cup sharp cheddar and all velcetta then combine all.
- Taste and add salt & pepper till it tastes good.
- Add in the eggs and combined.
- Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Add macaroni to the baking dish.
- Pour cheese mixture over macaroni.
- Top with 1 cup sharp cheddar.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes or until fully set.
This recipe lacked creaminess and was dry. Also, the recipe did not have salt in the ingrediants other than the boiling water for the elbow macaroni. This recipe was not a favorite.
Just the thing for a chilly wet day like today! I used the full amount of Velveeta (just happened to have an 8 oz chunk in the fridge, waiting for it's purpose in life), and I used the Mexican blend cheese too (no cheddar to be had). I didn't realize that I was out of elbow macaroni when I started making this, so the closest sub I had in the house was some whole wheat rotini, which worked just fine. DH and I were happy campers with our mac and cheese today (his lunch, my dinner). Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013
Yummy mac and cheese. I made as directed except that I used a Mexican blend cheese instead of the cheddar. Really creamy and my company totally enjoyed this. Thanks vglikman for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.