Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is very low in fat.
- 1 cup barilla plus pasta (Elbows, Penne or Rotini)
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Heat a large skillet and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add vegetables (including garlic) and saute until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Add chicken broth and stewed tomatoes.
- Cook until thickened.
- When pasta is done, drain and return to pan.
- Stir beaten egg into pasta.
- Mix pasta and egg mixture with vegetable mixture.
- Turn into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 30/35 minutes.