Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
It doesn't get much easier than this for a weeknight supper - just toss a salad to complete the meal!
- Cook pasta til tender but firm, drain& return to pot.
- Beat eggs with milk& add to macaroni; cook over low heat, stirring until no liquid remains& macaroni is cooked (about 3 mins).
- Remove from heat& stir in tomatoes, breaking up with back of spoon, and soup.
- Spoon ½ of mixture into greased casserole dish& sprinkle with ½ of cheese.
- Top with remaining macaroni mixture& sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 25 minutes, sprinkle with remaining cheese& bake until melted.
I must admit, I had my qualms about tomato soup and macaroni and cheese, together but I tried it and its GREAT!! Thanks for sharing!
Now, this is comfort food!!!! You're probably gonna think I'm nuts, but here's what I did. In the freezer I had some small shells and some penne that were left over. I mixed both of them together and used diced tomatoes with jalapenos, (I didn't have any stewed tomatoes on hand). It came out so good. The left overs were just as good, if not better. Sometimes when I re-heat my mac & cheese it tends to dry out, but not this recipe...it was just yummy. Thanks CountryLady
What a wonderful, tasty way to serve macaroni! I was looking for something to go with meatloaf and decided to give this a try! Wow.. I certainly wasn't sorry. I didn't change a thing in the recipe and the macaroni was wonderful! Because there is only two of us, we've got lots of leftovers, which is not a bad thing! Thanks for this easy and tasty recipe, CountryLady. I certainly will be making it again!