Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not the usual macaroni and cheese. This recipe includes stewed tomatoes and cream of cheddar soup. My DH is not a lover of mac&cheese dinners but he really likes this recipe because of the added tomatoes. I got this from Allrecipes posted by Renee
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 14 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, warm soup and add milk; stir. Add 1/4 of cheese to soup and remove mixture from heat when cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Add macaroni and tomatoes to soup; stir and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 40 minutes or until the cheese is a golden brown; serve.