1/1 Photo of Baked Macaroni & Cheese
This is my favorite!!! Mom used to make baked mac & cheese all the time growing up. I hated having to shredd the cheese(I buy it shredded already now), but always loved the eating part. Thanksgiving 2011, we had just had our daughter on 11/11/11, and were doing Turkey Day at our house for the first time. Mom was traveling and didn't have her recipe, so I had to make one up based on what she could remember and quantities that made since to me. Thus, a masterpiece was born! I absolutely loved it and so did our family. I hope you can enjoy it as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the Macaroni Noodles.
- 2While the noodles are boiling, create a cheese sauce by combining the Velveeta cheese, milk, margarine, flour and salt & pepper in a sauce pan Heat while stirring until everything is melted together.
- 3Drain the noodles and combine the cheese sauce with the cooked macaroni.
- 4Once the noodles and cheese sauce are mixed well, grease a baking pan.
- 5Layer in the shredded cheese and the macaroni mixture.until you run out of noodles. (Be sure to leave enough shredded cheese to cover the top layer of noodles completely.
- 6Beat the egg and pour it over the top.
- 7Sprinkle the Paprika over the top.
- 8Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in over at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 9Take the aluminum foil off, turn the oven up to 425 degrees and cook for another 5 minutes or until the top is browned.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.7
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 117.0 mg
- Sodium 1021.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 31.2 g