Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my favorite!!! Mom used to make baked mac & cheese all the time growing up. I hated having to shredd the cheese(I buy it shredded already now), but always loved the eating part. Thanksgiving 2011, we had just had our daughter on 11/11/11, and were doing Turkey Day at our house for the first time. Mom was traveling and didn't have her recipe, so I had to make one up based on what she could remember and quantities that made since to me. Thus, a masterpiece was born! I absolutely loved it and so did our family. I hope you can enjoy it as well.
- Boil the Macaroni Noodles.
- While the noodles are boiling, create a cheese sauce by combining the Velveeta cheese, milk, margarine, flour and salt & pepper in a sauce pan Heat while stirring until everything is melted together.
- Drain the noodles and combine the cheese sauce with the cooked macaroni.
- Once the noodles and cheese sauce are mixed well, grease a baking pan.
- Layer in the shredded cheese and the macaroni mixture.until you run out of noodles. (Be sure to leave enough shredded cheese to cover the top layer of noodles completely.
- Beat the egg and pour it over the top.
- Sprinkle the Paprika over the top.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in over at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take the aluminum foil off, turn the oven up to 425 degrees and cook for another 5 minutes or until the top is browned.