1 hr 15 mins
Here's a classic mac & cheese recipe given to me by my (would-have-been) mother-in-law many years ago. It has become a family favorite, and I get asked to make it nearly every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It makes enough to feed a small army! It's best to use block cheese and grate it yourself, to get the best cheese flavor. Leftovers can be easily cut into squares, wrapped with wax paper and frozen. Then just take one out and nuke it for a great side to go with a sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, grate cheddar cheese. In a separate bowl, scramble eggs with a fork, then add to cheese.
- 4Add milk, parmesan, and feta cheese and mix thoroughly.
- 5When macaroni is done cooking, drain and rinse with hot water. Drain well. Put macaroni back into saucepan and add butter or margarine. Stir to melt and coat noodles well.
- 6Add macaroni to cheese mixture and stir well.
- 7Pour mixture into glass 9x13 baking dish that has been greased or coated with cooking spray. Use fork or spoon to spread cheeses evenly across the top.
- 8Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until edges start to brown slightly.
- 9Add bread crumbs evenly across the top and continue baking until edges and top are golden brown, and center is firm (about 10 - 15 more minutes).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.9
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 158.0 mg
- Sodium 336.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 16.9 g