Recipe by children from A to Z
I found this recipe in one of my Country Door magazines. Sounds Yummy!
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1 cup brick cheese (shredded or cubed)
- 3⁄4 cup potato chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan on the stove; stir in flour and continue stirring until it's smooth.
- Add milk, salt and cream cheese.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the sauce is thick.
- Mix this with cooked macaroni and 3 remaining cheeses.
- Spoon into a deep 9x13 pan or a 3-qt. casserole.
- Sprinkle with crushed potato chips combined with 1 Tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake about 30 minute or until golden brown on top.