1/3 Photos of Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Another simple creamy mac & cheese recipe. When I was a kid my grandmother made it with American cheese and long macaroni noodles. I recently found the noodles that she used in a farmer's market - they are Greek pastichio macaroni noodles broken into 1-2 inch pieces before cooking. Give it a try with the Greek noodles if you can find them. Otherwise, use whatever noodles work for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 1 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3Cook noodles according to package directions, then drain.
- 4While noodles are cooking, combine a small amount of milk with the flour.
- 5Whisk until the flour is absorbed.
- 6Add the milk flour mixture, the remaining milk, and salt & pepper to a pot.
- 7Stirring constantly, heat until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
- 8Add cheddar cheese in batches, stirring until the cheese is melted before adding more.
- 9Add macaroni and transfer to casserole dish.
- 10Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 571.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 18.9 g