- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the macaroni in water until soft.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion in it.
- Add enough flour to absorb the butter.
- Add milk and stir until thickened.
- Add cheese and mix until melted.
- Add salt and stir.
- Combine with macaroni in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 1 hour.