Recipe by Vanessa
From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
- 226.79 g elbow macaroni
- 44.37 ml butter
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml skim milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 226.79 g shredded 50% reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 113.39 g jar diced pimentos, drained
- 78.07 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to the package; drain.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Whisk in flour gradually until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually, whisk in the milk, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Cook,.
- while whisking frequently for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheddar cheese and pimentos; cook until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta.
- In a baking dish with cooking spray (9-by-13 in.), spoon pasta mixture.
- In a bowl, add parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly!