From the KC Star (local newspaper) n adapted from Southern Living...it looks so DARN and HEALTHY that I wish I could eat some right now! :P
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to the package; drain.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 4Whisk in flour gradually until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.
- 5Gradually, whisk in the milk, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Cook,.
- 6while whisking frequently for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 7Add cheddar cheese and pimentos; cook until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in pasta.
- 9In a baking dish with cooking spray (9-by-13 in.), spoon pasta mixture.
- 10In a bowl, add parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- 11Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Pimento Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 345.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g