1/1 Photo of Baked Macaroni and Cheese With Tomatoes
1 hr 15 mins
The use of lowfat milk in this recipe makes it a lot healthier than the standard variety. The recipe only uses about half the box of macaroni, but you can make the whole box if anyone in your family prefers plain pasta. Serve it with a carrot and apple salad with pecans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the macaroni according to the package directions and drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Spray a large (2 quart) casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the macaroni with the butter, beaten egg, and 1 3/4 cups of cheese. Stir it thoroughly.
- 5Place the macaroni mixture in the microwave oven on high for about 2 minutes to melt the cheese more thoroughly. Mix it well.
- 6Add the milk, salt, mustard and tomatoes to the macaroni and toss.
- 7Pour the mixture into the casserole and smooth the top with a spatula.
- 8Sprinkle it with the remaining cheese and bread crumbs and bake it, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, or until it is set.
- 9(Meanwhile, prepare a salad, if you are serving it.)
- 10Serve it immediately, refrigerate it for up to 24 hours, or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Cheese With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 585.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 21.3 g