Recipe by Lorac
When our boys were young, a very long time ago, I would let them choose a meal whenever my husband and I were going out for dinner. Their all time favourite was Kraft mac and cheese. This is the stay at home, family supper version.
Top Review by The Giggle Box
I followed the recipe exactly except I couldn't find Frozen italian meatballs so I used Turkey Meatballs instead. Maybe the Italian spices would have added something to the macaroni and cheese, otherwise, this dish was a little bland. The few tomato slices we had on top really helped it, so maybe next time I will add a can of diced tomatoes. It is a very good recipe, I just think it needs to be tweaked to my family's tastes. Thanks for the recipe Lorac!
- 1 lb frozen cooked italian meatballs
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni & cheese dinner mix (I use Kraft)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place meatballs on a foil lined baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or according to package directions.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- Add milk, cheese sauce packets and sour cream, stir to combine.
- Place meatballs in the bottom of an oven proof casserole, top with macaroni, cover with tomato slices sprinkled with parmesan.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.