Out of all the baked pasta dishes I make my family likes this one the best. It's also very filling, and fairly inexpensive to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces one box elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 16 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces crumbled bacon
- top with shredded parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs
- top evenly with shredded sharp cheddar cheese (My personal favourite)
- 1Cook macaroni according to box directions and set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add flour and stir constantly until smooth.
- 3Turn heat to medium and add milk stirring constantly until thick. (About 10 minutes).
- 4Add hot sauce. Stir until mixed in evenly.
- 5Add pasta, bacon and cheese. Mix until cheese melts, bacon is mixed in, and pasta is evenly coated.
- 6Pour macaroni and cheese into a 9x13 baking dish and top according to taste.
- 7Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. (If using parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs take it out when the top looks lightly browned. If using cheddar cheese topping take out when top becomes darkened, but not burnt.).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Cheese With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.7
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 1000.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g