Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Out of all the baked pasta dishes I make my family likes this one the best. It's also very filling, and fairly inexpensive to make.
- Cook macaroni according to box directions and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add flour and stir constantly until smooth.
- Turn heat to medium and add milk stirring constantly until thick. (About 10 minutes).
- Add hot sauce. Stir until mixed in evenly.
- Add pasta, bacon and cheese. Mix until cheese melts, bacon is mixed in, and pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into a 9x13 baking dish and top according to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. (If using parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs take it out when the top looks lightly browned. If using cheddar cheese topping take out when top becomes darkened, but not burnt.).