Recipe by Saj1337
Out of all the baked pasta dishes I make my family likes this one the best. It's also very filling, and fairly inexpensive to make.
Top Review by jobray81
I didn't have any hotsauce, so added some paprika and a dash of cayenne, I used half the quantity of butter and flour, And I didn't have quite enough bacon. So far so good!! I also added 3 eggs which I beat then added after the cheese sauce was hot and melted.
- 16 ounces one box elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sifted flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 16 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces crumbled bacon
- top with shredded parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs
- top evenly with shredded sharp cheddar cheese (My personal favourite)
- Cook macaroni according to box directions and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add flour and stir constantly until smooth.
- Turn heat to medium and add milk stirring constantly until thick. (About 10 minutes).
- Add hot sauce. Stir until mixed in evenly.
- Add pasta, bacon and cheese. Mix until cheese melts, bacon is mixed in, and pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into a 9x13 baking dish and top according to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. (If using parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs take it out when the top looks lightly browned. If using cheddar cheese topping take out when top becomes darkened, but not burnt.).