Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from THE DEEN BROS. cookbook. They use two kinds of cheeses, milk and sour cream that makes it very creamy.
- 2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces American cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (optonal)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside. In saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Return macaroni to saucepan.
- While macaroni is hot, add the cheeses to the pan; stir well. Spread the macaroni mixture in the prepared baking dish. In a bowl, whisk together the milk, sour cream, eggs, butter, hot sauce, and salt. Pour the milk mixture over the macaroni.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
It was really good! This was my first time cooking baked macaroni and it came out wonderdful. Thank you.
Very creamy, cheesy and yummy.
Cheesy, creamy goodness! I even saved some calories by using 1% milk and light sour cream and it was still perfectly cheesy and creamy. I did add the optional hot sauce, but not quite a full teaspoon. We all loved it. Thanx for posting!