Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The ease and convenience of boxed and/or frozen with homemade taste.
Make and share this Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- In a four cup glass measure, microcook the butter and flour for 30 seconds.
- Stir to combine well and microcook another 30 seconds.
- Whisk in milk and salt.
- Microcook on high, stirring, until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.
- Cook macaroni according in salted, boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and return to pot.
- Pour cheese sauce over macaroni and stir to coat well.
- Pour into a greased casserole.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes and uncovered for 10 minutes more.
- Variations: Add chopped cooked ham.
- Vary the cheese used.