The ease and convenience of boxed and/or frozen with homemade taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a four cup glass measure, microcook the butter and flour for 30 seconds.
- 2Stir to combine well and microcook another 30 seconds.
- 3Whisk in milk and salt.
- 4Microcook on high, stirring, until thickened and smooth.
- 5Stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.
- 6Cook macaroni according in salted, boiling water for 5 minutes.
- 7Drain well and return to pot.
- 8Pour cheese sauce over macaroni and stir to coat well.
- 9Pour into a greased casserole.
- 10Bake, covered, in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes and uncovered for 10 minutes more.
- 11Variations: Add chopped cooked ham.
- 12Vary the cheese used.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.2
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 630.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 24.0 g