Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Warm and tasty homemade Macaroni and Cheese. The Dijon mustard gives it a different little twist. I've been making this for years and am often asked for the recipe. You can add some cooked ham and some frozen peas to make it a main dish meal.
- 2 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Cook and drain macaroni. Set aside.
- Melt 3 T. butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add 3 T. flour.
- Stir and cook for 2 minute over medium heat.
- Slowly add the warm milk.
- Cook and stir for 4 minutes until sauce is smooth.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and stir well.
- Put into greased/buttered 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle topping over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minute at 375.