Recipe by mandabears
This is a real rich and cheesy macaroni recipe, even if you use the lower fat options. Easy to bake in the oven and easier if you use the crock pot. Make sure you spray the crock pot well
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, i use whole wheat
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese, i use 2%
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, i use either fat free or low fat
- 2 eggs, well beaten,i use egg beaters
- 3⁄8 cup butter or 3⁄8 cup margarine, melted,no substitutions for this
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook elbow macaroni as directed on package, drain well.
- Place macaroni in large bowl or the pot used for cooking it.
- Add melted butter, and evaporated milk.
- Mix in eggs, add cheese and mix well.
- Pour into 13 x 9 pan, greased, I spray mine with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until top is brown and bubbly.
- Another option: double the recipe, spray crockpot with butter flavored cooking spray and cook for 6-8 hours.