This recipe came off of the box of Mueller's elbow macaroni and everyone loved it so I am putting it here for safe keeping. I used the Kraft three cheese crumbles (monterey jack, colby and cheddar) in place of sharp cheddar and I think that is what made it SO yummy! And I sprinkled sharp cheddar on top the last 10 minutes of cooking and did not use the croutons.
- Cook elbow macaroni for 9 minutes.
- Drain, cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In medium saucepan, melt margarine or butter; blend in flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly; gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually mix in cheese. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Add pasta; mix together lightly. Pour into 2-quart casserole.
- Top with croutons. Bake 25 minutes.