Recipe by Misa
A recipe in my tried and enjoyed file- I wish I could remember where exactly I have gotten it originally.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This was absolutely delicious! My little girl thought it was the best ever. It was creamy and had such a nice flavor. I really loved the crunchy browned top! I think the mustard and worcestershire really added something special to the mix. I added just a little bit of garlic powder and a few twists of fresh ground pepper. I will be making this again and again. Thanks, Misa.
- 1 (8 ounce) box macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups colby cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep work: Preheat your oven to 350°F Grease a 2 quart baking dish. Toss together the colby and mozzarella. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture for the topping.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil the macaroni until al dente, according to package directions (usually 8-10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the milk - do not let it boil. Whisk in the dry mustard, Worcestershire, salt, and hot sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the butter and cheeses (except for the reserved) to the drained macaroni. Put the macaroni into the greased baking dish. Pour the hot milk mixture over the macaroni. Top with the reserved 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and then place under the broiler 1-2 minutes to lightly brown the top.