Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Something besides boxed macaroni and cheese! Very easy too because you don't have to sit and stir it on the stovetop!!!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer macaroni noodles, butter, and cheeses in the order listed in a 9X13 dish.
- Pour milk over top layer.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered.
It needs some adjustments. I didn't put in as much milk, which was good but I forgot to adjust the butter so it's a bit greasy.
Overall though I would make this again, but with more adjustments.
I don't know what went wrong, but this didn't turn out well for me. Even after cooking it the amount of time, it was still very milky and runny.
Very easy and delicious! I cut the milk down to 4 cups and add a dash of truffle oil when it's done. Makes for an impressive side dish.