Recipe by ladyautumn
This is my mother-in-laws recipe, very good. It is easy to make and the kids love it.
Top Review by Chef Jean
This was really good. I used bowtie pasta( I thought I had elbow, but didn't) which worked out just fine. Also, I was in a hurry and baked it at 375 for 25 minutes. It came out vrey creamy and the extra-sharp cheese made this extra special. Made for PAC Fall 08.
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cubed (the extra sharp is what makes it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni, drain, and place in casserole dish.
- Cook butter, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Add milk and boil for 1 minute.
- Add cheese a few cubes at a time until it all blended.
- Pour over macaroni.
- Bake at 350 until a "crust" is formed, about 30-45 minutes.