Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great macaroni and cheese recipe. Part of my famly likes a creamy mac an cheese. The other part likes a sharp and more cheesy mac and cheese. This is the only one we've found that satisifies both sides. I tweak these ingredients slightly to increase the amount of "sauce". I use a little more sour cream and a little more evaporated milk than shown here.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl mix milk, eggs, sour cream, seasoning salt, and pepper. Layer macaroni, cheddar cheese, and milk mixture until pan is full.
- Pour melted butter on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until milk mixture is done.
It was delious. But you should mix the cheese around before you bake it and not just put the cheese on top.