- 1⁄2 lb macaroni, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk, scalded
- 6 ounces evaporated milk, scalded
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, chopped and crumbled
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated (note divide into 1 1/2 cups and 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions - el dente.
- In large bowl beat eggs; add remaining ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese and pinch of paprika and stir; then add cooked macaroni and mix well.
- Pour into a greased or buttered dish (9"x13").
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top for a cheesy crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.