Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
My 'signature' dish...super cheesy comfort food for occasional indulgence.
- 10 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 12 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 7 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cook macaroni according to package, drain.
- Mix cheeses and all ingredients EXCEPT milk.
- Put 1/2 of the cooked macaroni into a 9x12 glass baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over macaroni.
- Layer remaining macaroni on top of cheese.
- Cover the macaroni with the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Evenly pour milk over the macaroni and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes or until nicely browned on top.
- To avoid a mess, you may want to place the casserole dish on a baking sheet incase it bubbles over.