Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty and quick way to make mac and cheese!
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 can milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot, cooked corkscrew macaroni (, , about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melter
- In 1 quart casserole dish mix soup, milk, pepper, and macaroni.
- mix bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until hot.
Great alternative to traditional baked mac&cheese, which takes much longer. Added the shredded cheddar like the other reviewer recommended, definitely made it better. Also doubled the recipe, seemed to turn out find! Next time, I might try adding dry mustard to get that more traditional baked mac&cheese taste!
I tried this as written, and it was pretty good. But the next time I tried adding some shredded cheddar [about half a cup] and it was even better. I also added a little salsa, and that was also good.