1/2 Photos of Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Julie B's Hive's Note:
This is only one my family wants, a deliciously creamy cheese sauce with an old-fashioned bread cube topping. I triple the bread crumb topping as there never seems to be enough of that!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Under cook elbows; oven baking will finish the cooking process.
- 2In double boiler melt butter and add flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 3Slowly stir in milk and cook until smooth and creamy. Add grated cheese and stir until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
- 4Turn macaroni and finely chopped onion into casserole and pour cheese sauce over all. Toss well to coat. Top with rest of cheese.
- 5Toss bread with melted butter and sprinkle over all.
- 6Bake uncovered for 20 min @ 400°.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.7
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 1056.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 29.1 g