1/4 Photos of Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Miss Tinkerbell's Note:
This is a great recipe as either a side dish or as the main meal. Switch up the type of pasta and cheeses you use to suit your taste and preference. Cooking/Prepping time includes pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces pasta (I've used elbow, twists, and shells before)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 12 ounces shredded cheese, I usually use colby monterey jack and pepper jack mixed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (for last 15 minutes of cooking) (optional)
- 1Boil your pasta- 9-12 minutes, until tender but still firm, drain well.
- 2For the cheese sauce, in a medium saucepan melt butter then stir in flour and pepper.
- 3Add milk all at once.
- 4Cook and stir until until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 5Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- 6Stir in drained pasta and sour cream.
- 7Transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- 8Bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 9If desired, during the last 15 minutes, top the dish with shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.9
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 614.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 21.9 g