Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a creamy, custardy mac and cheese made with sharp cheddar.
Make and share this Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces large elbow macaroni
- 16 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Layer 1/3 each of pasta, crackers, pepper, salt and cheeses into a lightly greased 13 x 9" baking dish. Repeat layers twice.
- Whisk together eggs and milk; pour over pasta mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden and set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This was very good. I used skim milk and only 4 eggs. My EXTREMELY picky 4 year old son cleaned his plate. Thanks for a great recipe. Lisa