Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
The Cheesiest, Tastiest Mac & Cheese
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (Pet brand preferred)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F; Grease baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil add olive oil so noodles don't stick. Cook noodles as directed.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and stir in flour. Cook 1 to 2 minutes stirring constantly, whisk in milk a little at a time to make a white sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer. Mix in salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Combine pasta with cheese sauce and stir until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes or until top is slightly browned.