Recipe by Susan H in New York
Nans Special dinner. All the kids devoured it.Crusty and cheesy at the same time it is a great leftover cold or hot with Ketchup.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter (stick)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 1 quart milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Macaroni(AlDente, just cooked slightly firm).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grate Cheeses and mix together.
- Lightly grease pan with stick of butter.
- Layer first Macaroni then Cheese.
- Dust with flour;sprinkle Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Repeat layering process until ingredients are finished topping off with a Layer of Cheese.
- Dot top of Mac and Cheese with butter.
- Pour milk into pan until it is just visable under the top layer of Mac & Cheese.
- Bake in oven 40 min to 1 hour until browned.