Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an extravagant version of mac and cheese, but the indulgence is well worth it!
Make and share this Baked Macaroni and Brie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a medium casserole dish and set aside.
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, to form a golden brown roux.
- Stir in milk and cream.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, then reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese and continue to stir until melted and smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in drained pasta, combine very well, making sure the sauce soaks the pasta thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Stir together bread or cracker crumbs with 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- Sprinkle evenly over pasta.
- Bake for 15 minutes.