This is an extravagant version of mac and cheese, but the indulgence is well worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Butter a medium casserole dish and set aside.
- 3Boil pasta until al dente.
- 5While pasta cooks, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 6Sprinkle in flour and cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, to form a golden brown roux.
- 7Stir in milk and cream.
- 8Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, then reduce heat to low.
- 9Add cheese and continue to stir until melted and smooth.
- 10Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Toss in drained pasta, combine very well, making sure the sauce soaks the pasta thoroughly.
- 12Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- 13Stir together bread or cracker crumbs with 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- 14Sprinkle evenly over pasta.
- 15Bake for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Macaroni and Brie
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.2
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 529.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 21.2 g