Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This is a favorite dish of ours - very creamy and very easy to make.
- 1 lb cooked macaroni
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup celery
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups medium cheddar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into chunks
- white pepper
- red pepper
- Mix eggs and macaroni and set aside.
- Saute onions and celery in butter until soft.
- Stir in the cream until well blended.
- Slowly add 1/2 of the cheddar cheese, swiss cheese and Velveeta cheese.
- Stir constantly until melted.
- Add the seasonings and mix with the macaroni.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- If you like a toasty top place under the broiler for a few minutes, but be sure to watch closely so as not to burn.
This is heavenly Luby! I am a macaroni and cheese freak, and I've got to say this is one of the best recipes for it. Thanks for adding to my collection!
Great recipe Luby. I chose this recipe in the Chef of the Day Game because of the blend of cheeses. I also had a little ham left in the fridge that I needed to use, so I made this recipe, just as directed, except I chopped the ham into small pieces and added. It made a wonderful casserole. I just added some green beans and cornbread and had a wonderful supper. DS came over and ate with us and carried the left overs home with him. That is quite a compliment because he is not real fond of eating left overs.