i luv rice n ulam's Note:
Really tasty mac n cheese but with an extra cheese crust on top and much more flavour. You can add veggies or meats if you like. This is just the basic recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g pasta (I use macaroni or shells, about 1/2 of a big bag)
- 8 ounces Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (1 can)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk (you can use 2% or skim)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (for sauce)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (sometimes I use Tex-Mex seasoning, use your favourite)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (for cheese crust)
- 1Boil pasta in a pot of water, add oil and/or salt if you desire.
- 2Preheat oven at 400°F.
- 3In another pot, pour Cream of Chicken Soup, evaporated milk, and water. Mix well with a fork or whisk until soup is dissolved.
- 4Slowly add the shredded cheese one handful at a time (Don't dump it all at once or it will form clumps).
- 5When all the cheese has melted, slowly pour in the beaten egg while whisking it into the sauce. Make sure that the egg is properly mixed into the sauce.
- 6Once the pasta is cooked, drain, and leave it in its original pot.
- 7Pour the cheese sauce into the pot of pasta and mix well.
- 8Add the salt, pepper, and seasoning salt. You may vary the amounts of these according to taste.
- 9In a rectangular baking dish (about 13" x 8") or whatever baking dish you have that it will fit into, pour the mac n cheese and level with a spatula.
- 10Lastly, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake in the oven at 400 F for 20 minute or until cheese is nicely golden brown.
- 11Good combinations to use in this recipe are green pepper and ground beef, sausage and onion, or chicken and peas. You will have to prepare these separately and put it into the pot of pasta after the cheese sauce.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mac N Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.1
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 1008.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: