Recipe by melmorr
this is my hubby's great grandma's recipe. Most mac and cheese recipes call for cooking the noodles first, I am usually pressed for time so this recipe is a great alternative. Just throw it together and pop in the oven.
Top Review by Terri Newell
No stars...this really wasn't good. The milk boiled up and out of the pan while baking, eventually all disappearing. The cheese looked curdled and lumpy at the end of cooking time, and the noodles, while cooked, were basically bare. I had high hopes for this, but it just didn't work for us.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I usually use more)
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- toss uncooked noodles in melted butter.
- Place in 9X13 baking dish, cover with shredded cheese, pour milk over all. Salt and pepper if desired.
- I used to stir periodically but my husband told me he likes the crunchy bits from not stirring.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.