Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a Filipino style egg roll and is bake and not fry in oil.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium carrot, finely chop
- 1 onion, finely chop
- 1 cup water chestnut, drained and finely chop
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, drained and chopped fine
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 spring roll wrappers, Menlo brand
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl combine the pork, carrot, onion, water chestnut, bamboo shoots, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper.
- Stir mixture until thoroughly combined at this point you can cover and stick in the fridge overnight.
- I lay out about 10 wrappers at a time, roll the meat mixture into cigar shapes about finger thickness be reasonable-and the length of the wrapper. Roll and brush ends with beaten egg and finish the roll to seal.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and repeat until done.
- Bake in a preheated 450° oven, turning once for around 20 minutes. They should be cooked through and the wrappers are golden brown.
- Serve hot.