1/6 Photos of Baked Lumpia Rolls
These Filipino appetizers are awsome! I make these at least four times a year and have to double for my family - good luck if you're a guest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 medium carrot, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained and chopped fine
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- wonton wrapper, 1 package
- 1 large egg
- 1In a large bowl combine the pork, carrot, onion, water chestnut, bamboo shoots, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper.
- 2Stir mixture until thoroughly combined-at this point you can cover and stick in the fridge over night.
- 3I lay out about 10 wrappers at a time, roll the meat mixture into cigar shapes about finger thickness-be reasonable-and the length of the wrapper.
- 4Roll, brush ends with beaten egg and finish the roll to seal.
- 5Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and repeat until done.
- 6Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven, turning once for around 20 minutes.
- 7They should be cooked through and the wrappers are golden brown.
- 8Serve hot.
- 9You can make these ahead of time and keep cooked lumpia in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen up to 4 weeks.
- 10To reheat (thaw if frozen) bake on baking sheet in a 450 oven for 10 minutes-turn rolls once.
- 11Dipping sauce----------------.
- 12In a 3 quart saucepan mix together the brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
- 13Stir over high heat until sugar dissolves.
- 14Mix the cornstarch/water and add to the sugar mixture and stir until mixture boils.
- 15Remove from heat and stir in ginger.
- 16Makes 2/3 cup and you can double.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Lumpia Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 96.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g