Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Just plain dried liver. I use rabbit liver because that's what we have but you could use beef, pork, or lamb. I'm not sure chicken would work because it's softer.
- Preheat oven to 200. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (easier) or spray with Pam.
- Boil water.
- Cut liver into approx 1x2x1/2 inch thick pieces. Kitchen shears work well.
- Drop liver into boiling water for a few minutes.
- Remove and place on cookie sheet with about 1/2-1 inch between the pieces.
- Bake for one hour.
- Rotate pan and bake for another hour.
- Remove parchment paper to wire rack and cool.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.
- Break into smaller pieces for treats.
We pay about $20 for maybe a four cup or little larger container of these treats at our local pet store. These treats cost us a lot less and our german shepherd, Breah, loved them. I have to admit I didnt want to cut the liver into pieces so I asked the butcher and he did that for me. So much more economical and better for our pets to make their treats.