Recipe by sheepdoc
Just plain dried liver. I use rabbit liver because that's what we have but you could use beef, pork, or lamb. I'm not sure chicken would work because it's softer.
Top Review by lauralie41
We pay about $20 for maybe a four cup or little larger container of these treats at our local pet store. These treats cost us a lot less and our german shepherd, Breah, loved them. I have to admit I didnt want to cut the liver into pieces so I asked the butcher and he did that for me. So much more economical and better for our pets to make their treats.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (easier) or spray with Pam.
- Boil water.
- Cut liver into approx 1x2x1/2 inch thick pieces. Kitchen shears work well.
- Drop liver into boiling water for a few minutes.
- Remove and place on cookie sheet with about 1/2-1 inch between the pieces.
- Bake for one hour.
- Rotate pan and bake for another hour.
- Remove parchment paper to wire rack and cool.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze.
- Break into smaller pieces for treats.