Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook beef and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 minutes.
- Set meat sauce aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Place pasta in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions.
- Spread over pasta.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes.
This is a great casserole-type dish. Very hearty and rich, but not too rich. I used some sausage with the hamburger in the sauce, but otherwise followed the recipe to a T. It came out great, kind of like a cross between spaghetti and lasagna. Will definately be making it again...soon. Thanks for the recipe NurseDi.
This was ok..not what we expected..maybe cooked the noodles to long..will used the sauce again it was super..Thanks