Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This Italian-inspired main dish can be made ahead and refrigerated until you need to bake it.
Make and share this Baked Linguine Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces uncooked dried linguine
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄3 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 ounces land o lakes mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place ground beef in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned (5 to 8 minutes). Drain off fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato. Set aside.
- Combine cooked linguine, Parmesan cheese, egg, butter and basil in large bowl. Place mixture in and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine ricotta cheese and sour cream in same large bowl. Spread over linguine. Spread beef mixture over ricotta layer. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. To serve, cut into wedges.
- *Substitute 1/2 pound Italian sausage.
- TIP: Prepare this recipe ahead of time. Cover; refrigerate up to 8 hours or until baking time. Uncover; bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes.