1 hr 20 mins
This is on my list of must-try recipes (I love lentils) and thought I would share it here. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 cup green lentil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups water (substitute stock -- vegetable, beef or chicken -- if you wish)
- 1 cup chopped onion (, peeled)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot (, peeled)
- 4 cups chopped rutabagas (, peeled)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2In the bottom of each sprout, cut an"x"; place in a large casserole dish.
- 3Add all other ingredients except soy sauce and combine well.
- 4Bake uncovered, stirring occasionally, until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 1 hour.
- 5Check halfway through, and add more water if necessary.
- 6After removing from oven, stir in soy sauce and serve, preferably over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Lentil-Veggie Stew
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 391.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.8 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 18.5 g