Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is on my list of must-try recipes (I love lentils) and thought I would share it here. I hope it turns out as good as it sounds!
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 1 cup green lentil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups water (substitute stock -- vegetable, beef or chicken -- if you wish)
- 1 cup chopped onion (, peeled)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot (, peeled)
- 4 cups chopped rutabagas (, peeled)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In the bottom of each sprout, cut an"x"; place in a large casserole dish.
- Add all other ingredients except soy sauce and combine well.
- Bake uncovered, stirring occasionally, until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 1 hour.
- Check halfway through, and add more water if necessary.
- After removing from oven, stir in soy sauce and serve, preferably over rice.
Pretty tasty the first day, and excellent the next. Only change was sweet potato instead of carrot. I did have to bake it a little longer to cook the rutabaga through.